Laser * BI (BI - "Business Intelligence") solution is primarily intended for users in managerial positions in their organizations at any level in the hierarchy of decision making. It is characterized by integrity, intuitive user interface, and a very quick answer to the tough queries on the data.
The user interface works directly with data from the data warehouse, and does not base transaction. Designed in close collaboration with the direct beneficiaries and because of this approach is very ergonomic and easy to use. In addition to standard view data through the models of tables, interface, rich graphical presentation of results, as well as the various possibilities by which these tools are recognizable (boring - drill-down, aggregation - roll-up, sorting, ranking, time comparisons, top-ten analysis and other ).
Each view is a single mouse click can be exported (export) in the structure identified by office tools (MS Excel, Open Office). Once exported data can be further processed in a statistical office tool.
Laser * BI system has been developed for the two industries to Laserline has for many years supports its solutions: for tourism and trade.
Descriptions of some elements of Laser*BI module may well serve to gain a general impression of what a BI application.
Differences transactional systems and business intelligence
Transactional Information Systems (OLTP - "On Line Transaction Processing") are used to support the execution of core business processes. A characteristic of such systems is to record a large number of transactions in real-time business events are recorded and structured the transaction at the time and place of formation. Such systems are further divided with respect to the business area supported (trade, finance, hospitality, ...). The acronym ERP ("Enterprise Resource Planning") is used to describe a complete solution that businesses need to program support for the execution of core business processes (eg, ERP solution means a technology OLTP processing). Reports and analysis generated from transactional systems provide decision support at lower management levels.
Business Intelligence (BI - "Business Intelligence") is part of an integrated system for decision support, which aims to own and external data sources to find, transform and distribute the new information and new knowledge needed for all levels of decision making.
Unlike OLTP subsystem that is used to perform business processes, BI subsystem is used to analyze the results of the business process and obtain information about performance on the basis of the measured indicators of success. The primary function of OLTP and the automation of business processes and functions of BI is a business management process.
BI can be described as a series of methods and techniques used in the process of collecting, analyzing and distributing information that are needed for all levels of decision making. The goal of BI is to provide information framework, the decision and the decision itself (the adoption and implementation) is the responsibility of managers.
BI subsystem dives deep into the organization of the company, using every resource companies, used all available information implemented subsystems, collects and records information from external sources (newspapers, news, advertising, publishing results, the internet, unofficial sources, specialized agencies, ...), with the aim of restoring and creating a new enterprise resource: knowledge.
Building a data warehouse for Laser * BI
From transactional application modules are ETL procedures (Extraction Transformation Loading) data transform and migrate into the data warehouse (DW - Data Warehouse). The data warehouse is located in a separate Oracle schema and designed with a unique goal: rapid responses to queries to the database. Thus, the role of archival storage of data in the background, the foreground are placed performance BI system. In the data warehouse design, applied technology, Oracle RDBMS to improve system performance (materialized view-and, "Query Rewrite" partitioning of tables and the like).
Technology (Oracle Business Intelligence)
Oracle Business Intelligence (OBI) is a comprehensive suite of analytical tools built on a unified infrastructure, which in its basic structure includes interactive whiteboards, complete an "ad hoc" query and analysis, detailed analytical reports tailored to the most demanding users, integrated solutions with Microsoft Office tools, etc.
OBI components can be installed in a "multi-server" environment on various platforms (Linux, Microsoft Windows). An important feature of the entire OBI system is that it is fully adapted to the "high availability" work environment through a "native cluster," "failover-a" and "load balancing". OBI SSL Everywhere component allows secure communication channels, allowing access to all components of the OBI is possible at any time-anywhere. Besides all the standard components listed below, complete OBI infrastructure can integrate with various Oracle Middleware products such as Oracle Internet Directory and Oracle Single Sign On.
- Oracle Business Intelligence Suite is comprised of several products that can be used together and independently. The purpose of individual tools is described below:
- Oracle BI Server: Highly scalable, efficient "query" and the analytical server which can be very effectively integrate data from multiple relational, unstructured, OLAP, Oracle and non-Oracle source.
- Oracle BI Answers: Strong "ad-hoc query" analytical tool that works on the principle of logical views of information from multiple data sources in a Web environment.
- Oracle BI Interactive Dashboard: A rich, interactive Web dashboard that displays personalized information to users and is a key source of data to make accurate and effective decision
- Oracle BI Publisher: highly scalable "reporting engine" that is used to generate reports from multiple data sources in multiple document formats (Excel, PDF ...)
- Oracle BI Briefing Books: Allows you to create a "snapshot" of one or more dashboard while allowing them offline review
- Oracle BI Disconnected Analytics: Allows you to "deliver" Answer the Dashboard to mobile devices or a computer separate from the network
- Oracle BI Office Plug-In: Automatically synchronizes data from the Answers, the Dashboard and you create them as such as a report in the office tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint ...
- Oracle BI Delivers "Alerting" tool for distributing information to users via multiple types of channels. Greatly contributes to the speed of decision making.
Clients are available for total flexibility when using OBI tools based on the "Web - Based Self Service" solution, which means that the complete user interface can be defined separately for each user depending on his desires / needs, and complete the work in the OBI application is made within the Internet Browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Safari, etc.).